Friday, September 30, 2011

Can We Expand the Monkeysphere?

Required Reading:

What is the Monkeysphere?

The Ultimate Brain Teaser

The Illusion of Asymmetric Insight

Muzafer Sherif:
Superordinate Goals in the Reduction of Intergroup Conflict

I feel like we can change. I feel like we can reach beyond our limitations. I feel like we can expand our sphere and evolve.

I know Timothy Leary talked about this--this concept of evolving beyond our limited views--as did Robert Anton Wilson. I'm not saying those guys had all the answers, but they were thinking about what I'm thinking about, so I'm going to put some more time into reading their work.

I also want to think about the hope that I see in having positive superordinate goals. I want to look into how this relates to open-source and non-hierarchical models. I've got some serious study to do. I'll be sharing links, books, and my thoughts here while I reach for deeper understanding. I'm asking my friends to join me in reaching towards higher ground.

I think we can bring the community together if we can define real goals and objectives that require the work and skills of all of the members of our community.

No comments:

Post a Comment